Liquid Spill on laptop or keyboard

 

If you spilled something on your laptop you should stop using it right away, even if the laptop appears to be running good. Right after the spill you should turn it off.

Unplug the power adapter and remove the battery.

The laptop should be disassembled as soon as possible and all internal parts should be inspected for liquid damage. Liquid spills are very unpredictable and even a small amount of liquid spilled on the laptop can cause a serious damage. IF YOU SPILLED A SMALL AMOUNT OF LIQUID ON THE KEYBOARD It that’s the case, it could be enough to remove just the keyboard for the liquid damage inspection. Turn off the laptop, unplug the AC adapter and remove the battery. Now remove the keyboard and take a closer look underneath.